Review Finds Problems At Other Mass. Labs
An outside review of 17 labs in the same state building that housed the lab at the center of a drug-testing scandal found that they, too, had problems.
The Association of Public Health Laboratories report makes 18 recommendations for the Hinton State Laboratory, where labs test for mosquito-borne illnesses, rabies, and other things.
Mass. Drug Lab Crisis
- 12/17/12: Ex-Chemist Dookhan Is Indicted
- 1/25/13: DAs Struggle To Deal With Cases
- 1/31/13: Lawyers Say Crisis Could Widen
- 2/8/13: DA Leone: Wider Range Of Cases May Be Dismissed
- 2/21/13: Mass. High Court Expected To Hear Drug Lab Appeal Case In April
- 4/2/13: Photos Reveal Sloppy Conditions At Lab
- 11/1/12: Editorial: What Did Prosecutors Know?
- 2/6/13: Editorial: The Massive Failures Of Many Collided In A Perfect Storm
- Timeline: Drug Lab Crisis
- Graphic: Annie Dookhan’s Drug Findings
Complete Coverage: State Drug Lab Crisis
The report found the facility generally maintains “good laboratory practice,” but notes the labs face “threats,” including a top-heavy leadership structure; a “perceived lack” of communication between lower-level workers and management; and an inconsistent employee performance review system.
The interim director says the recommendations are being taken seriously.
A former worker at the drug lab is facing charges for allegedly tampering with test results that put hundreds of criminal drug cases at risk.